Options Bar

Thursday, April 14, 2011

A quick end...

Dear followers and fans, two days ago a dream almost came to a crashing end.  After many, successfully pulled shots and and frothed milk, the La Pavoni has met an untimely demise.  As you can see from the picture the handle broke off of the lever.  This happened during the course of making my friend Scott a latte. During the shot pull, I must have packed it too much, when all of a sudden, snap! The handle broke off, leaving me slightly embarrassed and a little flabbergasted.
After a quick panic, I remembered that every piece on the La Pavoni is replaceable, as is most machines.  After a couple Google searches I came upon a $60 dollar price tag.  Which, if one is made of money is not a bad price.  But, since I am not made of money, I suddenly remembered that my good friend, Robert Meredith, was a welder.  Calling him up, i asked if he was willing and/or able to assist in the fix that I was in.  To my great excitement Robert came to the rescue and welded the crap out of the handle.  Now we are back  in business and ready to continue pulling shots.  Check back tomorrow, to see Robert's amazing welding job.  Thank you Robert.  This blog is dedicated to you, Robert!

No comments:

Post a Comment