Options Bar

Monday, April 11, 2011

A new machine for a new week!!

This morning was like being in at the North Pole, the North Pole where Santa lives.  At my church they have several nice espresso machines made by Rancilio Epoca machines, which are a little more industrious then my LaPavoni.  As the story goes I was at the church, a little too early this morning, and decided to practice.

To my astonishment, the lattes turned out really well!!  Of course Titus Leger, was disappointed when I made his latte with no sweetener in it, but that was quickly remedied.  An interesting side note, is that the milk frothing on this machine was quite a bit slower then my own machine, why that might be, I have no idea.  Perhaps I should look into that.  But, despite the slowness, it made some nice micro foam, that I was able to attempt some art.  As you can see from the picture to the left, I made a little heart.  I have noticed that whenever the frothing turns out right, I am not ready when I start pouring.  So the next step it is being patient when I pour.

3 comments: