Options Bar

Monday, May 2, 2011

Day 17

Josh pulling the shot
Josh preparing the shot
Josh proud of his mushroom
shaped Latte
Josh steaming the milk
I want to first apologize to my readers for not posting these last two days, they have been action packed and filled with adventure.  April 30th was my birthday, which was awesome, because I spent it with my good friends the Ostlind's and the young Shaw's.  May 1st, I spent the majority of the day downtown Spokane running Bloomsday, which was fabulous.  After running and getting home I pretty much collapsed on my couch and did nothing.
     However during the course of those two days, I still did work on the lattes.  In fact I had my first guest appearance.  The guest is a die-hard blog follower and coffee purist, Josh Ostlind.  If I were to describe Josh in three words it would be - ski fanatic. okay maybe that was only two words.  As the legend goes, Josh was performing a in a recent ski competition, which entailed several kickers and rails.  While he was performing a trick he landed wrong, leaving him unconscious with a mild concussion.  After being rushed to the hospital he awoke from a vivid vision full of overgrown vegetation and speaking sheep.  During the course of his discussion with the sheep he realized that there was only one thing left for him to accomplish in this life, pouring the perfect latte.  It was upon this revelation that he inquired about the art of latte making.  I informed him that i could not show him true perfection, as I am only an amateur, but I could guide him down the path in the direction of perfection, ergo he is the first guest on The Latte of the Day blog.
Comments from tasters
"It is not an A, but it is not an F" - Lisa Ostlind (Josh's Mother)
"that is the best shaped mushroom I have ever seen!" - Janie Helgeson

4 comments:

  1. Well done Russell! Reading this put a smile on my face :) I'm glad you had a fun birthday. And good luck on your voyage for the perfect latte!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaay! I'm on my way to becoming a latte making master.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure Justin i suppose you can be a guest, but you might make me look bad...haha maybe you can show me how it is done!

    ReplyDelete