Options Bar

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day 18 and the subconscious fear

As I approached the counter this morning a peculiar emotional response was released from my subconscious.  It was a sense of fear, or maybe it was the tiredness of making lattes.  Whatever this emotion was it was obviously emitting from the giant silver espresso machine sitting on my counter.  The La Pavoni sitting there not even looking at me, sent the slightest shiver running through my body.  a question arouse, most likely from the silvery giant asking, "are you capable?" "why have you been avoiding me these last 24 hours?"  At first running to the pleasure and comfort of my book was a  first response to these questions.  However, my actions were different.  After the fleeting thought of giving in and turning away left, I swallowed this fear, or whatever it was, and dove head first into the process of creating another latte.
     Going through each rigorous process of the latte process, I was pleasantly rewarded with one of the best tasting lattes made for the blog.  Despite the not so beautiful art on top, the texture of the milk was as near to perfect as it ever has been, creating somewhat of a picture of something.
    Once again, I want to thank Josh for being the first of many guest appearances on The Latte of the Day.  Due to popular demand and the enormous amount of traffic that came in during that post, the Guest appearance will be arriving every Monday.  So hopefully you will be able to appear as the guest latte artist next time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment