Options Bar

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Coffee from Java Jo's, Day Dreams blend

I recently received, from my good friend Travis Lehman, a fresh pound of coffee from the coffee house that he works at.  Travis works at Java Jo's which is in Berlin, Ohio.  I would like to add that Java Jo's is a lovely establishment that has a desire to make a great cup of coffee which I can attest to.  Upon receiving receiving the coffee, I instantly fired up the LaPavoni and prepped everything for this great opportunity.  The time had finally arrived to try out my recently handcrafted naked portafilter.  (Which I just realized I have not yet posted).  That is to come, so without further to do, here is a small series of pictures displaying the workings of the naked portafilter.
Water is being infused into the coffee


The extraction has started


All the drips have finally clumped together, creating one unison pour, which is what is desired.


The nice color and even flow of the shot, shows the true beauty of the naked  portafilter


The end product which resulted into a latte, of course.  It tasted rather delicious.

1 comment: